Terms and Conditions
Magshop is a web and application-based service operated by Bauer Media Group that makes it easy for you to purchase and subscribe to print and digital editions of magazines using the internet.
By clicking "Pay Now" on your subscription order form on the https://www.magshop.co.nz site (Magshop Site), you are agreeing to purchase a print or digital subscription to, or a single digital issue of, your chosen magazine, as indicated on the relevant form. You:
- Instruct Magshop to supply the contact information and order details you entered on the subscription form to the publisher of each magazine for which you have requested a subscription.
- Acknowledge that prices quoted are inclusive of delivery costs, but exclusive of any charges for internet access or mobile data network transmissions (you are responsible for any internet access or mobile data costs arising from use of the Magshop Site). You also understand that 'tip-ons' and gifts that may be available with non-subscriber copies may not be provided with print subscriber copies, depending on publisher's discretion, and will not be provided with digital editions.
- Acknowledge that gift/prize promotions are valid for the dates shown in the advertisement. Anything that falls outside this will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. Gift/prize promotions cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer unless stated in the advertisement. Gifts/prizes are not transferable for cash. Gifts/prizes will be delivered separately to the bill payer and will be despatched within 4 - 6 weeks of close of promotion. If the bill payer resides outside NZ, gift will be sent to the NZ recipient if based in NZ. If gift does not arrive, you must contact Magshop within 3 months of promotion ending.
- Agree that if a gift is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the gift with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any gift damaged in transit in the delivery of their gift.
- Agree that any errors made in entering the contact information and order details on the subscription form are your responsibility and neither Magshop nor the publisher of the magazine is liable for any consequences of such errors or incorrect information, including but not limited to failure to send any print magazines subscribed for to the correct address. If you change address or any other relevant details, you must notify Magshop.
- Agree that all information about any magazine on the Magshop Site is provided by the publisher of that magazine and that Magshop has no responsibility for the accuracy of that information and is not liable for any errors or omissions in that information. You agree that the magazines offered through the Magshop Site are offered by the publisher of those magazines, and that any contract for the subscription for a magazine is between you and the publisher of that magazine and that Magshop is not a party to that contract.
- Agree that Magshop and its employees and agents will not be liable to you or any other person for any loss, injury or damage arising from or as a consequence of any act or omission by Magshop or any person providing services through the Magshop Site.
- Agree that Magshop are not liable for any lost or misdirected deliveries. Magshop endeavours to deliver your magazine before or within 5 days of the magazine going on sale; if delays are the result of NZ Post or NZME (our alternative magazine delivery method), these are out of Magshop’s control.
- Agree that if your magazine does not arrive in the time frame specified above, you will notify Magshop by phoning 0800 MAGSHOP (624 7467) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Magshop will arrange for a replacement copy to be sent and if this isn’t suitable/possible Magshop will extend your subscription by that missed issue.
- May at any time request to cancel a magazine subscription purchased on the Magshop Site, however please note that subscription offers are non-refundable. In some cases Magshop will refund any monies owing to you, but this will be made on a case-by-case basis and no correspondence will be entered into. Alternatively you may transfer your remaining issues to a nominated party. Requests for cancellations will be actioned within 5 working days; however, any refund given can take up to 4 weeks to process. Any overseas refunds will be converted into your local currency at the exchange rate on day of refund which means Magshop cannot guarantee that the amount refunded will be exactly what you paid due to rate fluctuations. If you wish to cancel a subscription via Auto Renewal, you must notify Magshop prior to the next payment.
- Acknowledge that Magshop are not responsible for any costs charged by any Internet provider in connection with such installation or download.
- Agree that the publisher may, at any time, further develop their App, supplement, modify or remove individual functions of their App and issue updates of their App. To ensure the full and stable functionality of their App, you must install the latest version of their App. The publisher is not required to maintain or ensure compatibility of their App with older versions of operating systems or devices.
- Acknowledge that in order to purchase magazines through the Magshop Site, or access purchased digital magazines through the Magshop Site, you will need to establish an account. You will also have the option to establish an account when you make a purchase on the Magshop Site. You will not reveal your password or other account information to anyone else, as you are responsible for all activities that occur through your account. If you are concerned that the security of your account has been compromised, contact Magshop immediately on email@example.com.
- Agree that the following additional terms apply to digital magazines purchased through the Magshop Site:
- All sales of digital magazines are final. If a magazine becomes unavailable following a transaction but before you can download it, your sole remedy is a refund. If technical problems prevent or unreasonably delay delivery of your magazine, your sole remedy is either replacement or a refund, at Magshop's discretion. This clause does not affect your statutory rights
- All digital content provided to you through the Magshop Site is for your private, non-commercial use only. You must not rent, lease, lend, sell, transfer or redistribute that content, or make it available over a network where it could be used by multiple users/devices at the same time. The publisher does not guarantee that digital content will be available for more than one year after the date on which it is first made available. Accordingly, you may not be able to re-download digital content that you have purchased after one year from the date on which it was first made available. The publisher may, at any time, modify digital content that has already been made available. They may do this, for example, where they are legally obligated to do so.
- Magshop reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Magshop Site (or any part of it) with or without notice, which may result in you not being able to access or use any digital editions of magazines that you have previously downloaded. You agree that, to the extent permitted by law, Magshop will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Magshop App.
- Consent to (a) the receipt of emails or an SMS from Magshop containing information and offers about products and services available on Magshop in which you may have an interest, and (b) the receipt of emails or an SMS from publishers of magazines available on Magshop, containing information and offers about their products and services.
- Acknowledge that these Standard Subscription T&Cs may be modified from time to time, and agree that you are responsible for regularly reviewing these Standard Subscription T&Cs, and you agree to any such modification.
- Agree that, to the extent permitted by law, Magshop and/or its suppliers exclude all liability for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever including without limitation, damages for loss of life, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Magshop Site, the delay or inability to use the Magshop Site, the provision of or failure to provide goods or services, or any information, software, products or services obtained through the Magshop Site. Note that you may have rights under statutory consumer protection laws, including the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, and these Standard Subscription T&Cs are subject to any rights you may have under such laws.
- Declare that you are over 18 years of age, or if you are not 18 years of age, that you have parental consent to make this purchase.
Please note that these Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions do not apply to digital subscriptions or single digital editions of magazines purchased through Magazine applications for Apple iOS devices (iPhones and iPads) or Android devices (screen size 7” and above).
For the terms applicable to those purchases, please refer to:
• theApple App Store Terms of Sale and Terms and Conditions or;
• the Google Play Store Terms and Conditions