- Which magazine issue will I receive if I subscribe today?
- How long does it take for products to be delivered?
- There was a gift offer with my subscription. Will I receive the free gift with the first issue?
- I do not live in New Zealand. How can I obtain a subscription?
- I live in New Zealand and would like to purchase a gift subscription for my daughter whom resides in the UK. Do you deliver magazines internationally?
- How do I know if my order was successful?
- What payment options are available through the Magshop website?
- How do I give a subscription as a gift?
- I wish to purchase a gift subscription for a friend but don't want it to be delivered before Christmas Day. Is there a way of preventing any issues going out before then? I don't want to spoil the surprise!
- Can I send an eCard with my gift?
- I have a Magshop eVoucher and would like to purchase a subscription. How do I redeem my eVoucher and what do I do if the order value is greater than the eVoucher value?
- I would like to change my address. How can I do this via Magshop?
- I'm an existing Magshop customer. How do I find out how many issues are remaining on my subscription and when the next issue comes out?
- I'm an existing Magshop customer. I think I may have missed an issue. What do I do?
- Often there are free gifts on the cover of magazines. Would these be included if I subscribed to a magazine rather than bought it at a store?
- I currently have a magazine subscription however, I do not have a Magshop online access account. How do I renew my magazine subscription?
- Where can I find my customer number?
- I purchased a subscription five months ago however, have decided that the publication is no longer in line with my interests. Can I get a refund?
- I have a number of gifts that I need to purchase for family and friends for Christmas, but I’m sort of stuck on gift ideas. Can you help?
- I recently renewed by subscription however, I have received a renewal letter notice in the mail. What do I need to do?
A. A new subscriber will never receive the current issue available at retail stores or displayed on our site, but rather, the next available issue. A delivery timeline guide for this is provided on each product page and it will vary based on the frequency that the product is printed. Each publication applies a certain cut-off date of which determines how many magazine copies are to be printed for subscribers and retailers of a particular issue. Your first issue delivery issue will depend on what part of this cycle your order is placed and processed. Details regarding your first issue and the expected delivery date can be ascertained by simply logging in to the My Account section of Magshop 24hrs after placing your order. If your subscription is not listed here, you can contact the publisher of the title whose details are provided on your order receipt email.
A. Please allow up to 28 working days for delivery of products such as cookbooks, back issues, calendars, diaries etc. The terms and conditions of each promotion should give a clearer guide on when to expect delivery.
A. If a free gift applies to your subscription order, this item will be sent to you at the end of the promotion. It will always arrive in a separate parcel to the magazine and in the timeframe outlined in the terms and conditions for this promotion.
A. You can subscribe from almost anywhere in the world and get your favourite publication delivered directly to your door. Simply select the magazine you wish to subscribe to and follow all the prompts leading to checkout. International delivery pricing for a particular magazine is displayed on its product page or if not will be calculated once your delivery address is entered at checkout. Remember, these postage charges are in addition to the New Zealand subscription price. Alternatively, you can simply call + 64 9 3082721 to speak to one of our helpful Magshop call centre representatives who will assist you in placing your order over the phone.
5. I live in New Zealand and would like to purchase a gift subscription for my daughter whom resides in the UK. Do you deliver magazines internationally?
A. Yes, we are able to process international orders and deliver worldwide for titles that indicate they can. For those that can, you will find a link on selected product pages outlining the subscription price inclusive of international delivery.
A. After placing your order on Magshop, you will receive an Order Receipt email acknowledging that your order has been received and payment is being processed. Once your order has been processed, your order will be forwarded directly to the publisher of the product you have purchased, to arrange delivery ASAP. If there are any issues with processing your order, you will be advised by the publisher accordingly.
A. There are multiple payment methods available on Magshop including credit card, PayPal and direct debit (on selected titles). Your credit card will have the total cost of your purchase deducted on your next statement.
A. You can indicate that the magazine subscription you purchase is a gift on the delivery details page during checkout.
9. I wish to purchase a gift subscription for a friend but don't want it to be delivered before Christmas Day. Is there a way of preventing any issues going out before then? I don't want to spoil the surprise!
A. If you have indicated during the checkout process that the magazine you are buying is a gift, you'll be given the opportunity to select the “First issue after Christmas”. If you would like to stipulate a future start date outside of the Christmas period, you will need to contact the Magshop customer service team on 0800 624 746.
NOTE: The Christmas period is typically defined from 1 November to 25 December.
A. Yes. You have the option of including a complimentary eCard with your gift on the payment page during checkout. Simply click on "Create eCard", select the preferred eVoucher design and include a personalised message. The eCard will be sent to your gift recipient via email on your chosen date.
11. I have a Magshop eVoucher and would like to purchase a subscription. How do I redeem my eVoucher and what do I do if the order value is greater than the eVoucher value?
A. Once in the checkout process, you will notice a “Redeem a gift eVoucher” drop down located directly below the Cart Summary. Please enter your eVoucher ID and PIN prior to the payment screen to ensure that the eVoucher is applied to your order total. If your order total is greater than the eVoucher applied, then the balance owing will need to be paid for via credit card or PayPal.
Please Note: Magshop eVouchers cannot be used to purchase subscriptions requesting "automatic renewal" as this is an on-going payment plan. In this instance, please select an alternative price point.
A. Once you are registered as a Magshop customer, you can update your address details whenever you need to. Simply log into the My Account section of Magshop using your customer number.
13. I'm an existing Magshop customer. How do I find out how many issues are remaining on my subscription and when the next issue comes out?
A. You can log into the My Account section of Magshop to view your existing subscription information including remaining issues, last issue sent and the estimated delivery of the next issue. If your subscription is not listed here, you can contact the relevant publisher using the details provided on your order receipt.
15. Often there are free gifts on the cover of magazines. Would these be included if I subscribed to a magazine rather than bought it at a store?
A. In some cases, the promotional "tip on" gifts are only available within store copies – these are generally exclusive promotions with selected retailers. Subscribers receive magazine subscriptions at a reduced rate, receive free delivery anywhere in New Zealand, and often receive a promotional gift at the beginning of their subscription, if available at the time of your order.
16. I currently have a magazine subscription however, I do not have a Magshop online access account. How do I renew my magazine subscription?
A. You will need to click on the Login/Register link on the Magshop home page. This will take you to a login page where you will be prompted to enter your customer number in order to verify your identity and set-up a Magshop online access account.
NOTE: Magshop will need to verify your identity. Please ensure that you enter your customer number, first name and last name exactly as they appear on your subscription cover letter or renewal letter, otherwise you will be unable to set up a Magshop online access account.
A. Your customer number can found on the cover flyer that accompanies your magazine when delivered or on the renewal letter for your magazine subscription.
18. I purchased a subscription five months ago however, have decided that the publication is no longer in line with my interests. Can I get a refund?
A. For subscriptions purchased and managed through Magshop, or merchandise, no refunds are available. However, faulty goods can be exchanged.
19. I have a number of gifts that I need to purchase for family and friends for Christmas, but I’m sort of stuck on gift ideas. Can you help?
A. Yes, we have a gift finder facility available on the site. Simply tell us your gift recipient’s age, gender and interests and we’ll recommend magazines, books and other great gift ideas for you. If you are still unable to decide on the perfect gift, a Magshop gift eVoucher is a great way to take the stress out of gift shopping. Simply select the gift eVoucher amount and your gift recipient redeems the eVoucher for a magazine subscription of their choice – it’s a win, win!
20. I recently renewed by subscription however, I have received a renewal letter notice in the mail. What do I need to do?
A. If you have already renewed your subscription, please disregard the notice. Your subscription renewal will appear in your Magshop online access account.
Return to the top of the page