Where to eat, what to see, who to believe, where to shop, how to have a great day out and what schools to send your kids to: Metro is the best of Auckland, every issue.
For more than 30 years, Metro has reported on the trends, the people and the places that matter.
Metro is the magazine for Aucklanders who want to be connected to their city. Its in-depth, lively and provocative stories and reviews
cover education, health, food, politics, the arts, fashion, design, crime, travel, sport and social trends. It provides a showcase for gorgeous
photography, with life-of-the-city displays, affecting portraits and smart design. Metro is sophisticated, edgy, informed, entertaining, insightful, stylish.
Metro publishes 10 issues a year. Please allow up to 4-5 weeks for first issue delivery.
|Upcoming Issues||Expected delivery within NZ|
|Jul/Aug 2015||Wed 24 Jun 2015 - Wed 01 Jul 2015|
|September 2015||Wed 26 Aug 2015 - Wed 02 Sep 2015|
Your first issue delivery date will be confirmed via an email directly from the publisher to you.
The EXPECTED DELIVERY date range is an estimate of when a subscription copy will arrive in New Zealand. This varies by location due to New Zealand Post delivery timings.
Win a trip to Hawaii and more!
Subscribe for Mum or treat yourself this Mother's Day and be in to WIN a trip for four to Hawaii and more!
Mother’s Day 2015 Subscription Competition Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid. The Promoter is Bauer Media Group, Shed 12, 77 Cook Street, Auckland City.
- Entry is open to residents of New Zealand aged 18 years or over. Employees of the Promoter, prize partners and all associated agencies, and the immediate families of such employees, are ineligible to enter.
- For the purposes of this promotion, entrants will be deemed the bill payer of the subscription, not the gift recipient of the subscription.
- This promotion commences at 8.00am, Monday 23rd March 2015 and ends at midnight Wednesday 27th May 2015 (“Promotion Period”).
- The promotion will be conducted for subscriptions with the following Bauer Media titles: Fashion Quarterly, Good Health Choices, Home, Lucky Break, Metro, Next, North & South, Recipes+, Simply You Living, Simply You Style, Taste, The Australian Women’s Weekly, The Listener, The New Zealand Woman’s Weekly, Top Gear, Woman’s Day, Your Home & Garden (“Participating Titles”).
To receive an entry in this promotion, eligible individuals must, during the Promotion Period, purchase a subscription to any “Participating Titles” by undertaking one of the following steps:
- Subscribe at our website www.magshop.co.nz via one of the following urls: www.magshop.co.nz/mothersdaynz, www.magshop.co.nz/mothersdaynz1, www.magshop.co.nz/mothersdaynz2, www.magshop.co.nz/mothersdaynz3, www.magshop.co.nz/mothersdaynz4, www.magshop.co.nz/mothersdaynz5, www.magshop.co.nz/mothersdaynz6, www.magshop.co.nz/mothersdaynz7, www.magshop.co.nz/mothersdaynz8, or
- Subscribe by email by emailing email@example.com and providing the relevant promotion code from a Bauer Media Group magazine advertisement, subscription carrier sheet or subscription renewal letter (“Promotion Code”), or
- Subscribe by phone by calling 0800 624 746 and providing the relevant Promotion Code, or
- Subscribe by fax by faxing 09 308 2769 and providing the relevant Promotion Code, or
- Subscribe by mail by completing a subscription form from a Bauer Media Group magazine advertisement, subscription carrier sheet, or subscription renewal letter with the relevant Promotion Code and posting to: Magshop Subscriptions, FREEPOST 2650, PO Box 300547, Albany, North Shore 0752.
- Each purchase of a single subscription for any “Participating Title” using one of the above entry steps, during the Promotional Period, will entitle the entrant to one (1) entry into the prize draw.
- The prize draw will take place at the offices of the promoter, Bauer Media Group, Shed 12, 77 Cook Street, Auckland City on Friday 12th June 2015 at 3.00pm. The promoter reserves the right to draw reserves in case of an invalid entry or invalid entrant.
- The first entry drawn will win the Major Prize. The next 300 entries drawn will win the Second Prize, and the next 100 entries after that will receive the Third Prize, as described below.
- The provisional winners of the Prize Draw will be notified by phone, email or letter within two (2) business days of the draw. Each provisional winner will only be deemed a winner once they have claimed their prize and been verified by the Promoter. The Prize winners must claim their prize by no later than 3pm Wednesday 24th June 2015.
Prizes for this promotion include the following
Major Prize: 1 trip to Hawaii for four adults. Prize includes four adult, extra comfy economy class return flights from Auckland to Honolulu flying Hawaiian Airlines, 4 nights’ accommodation at The Modern Honolulu in 2 rooms and 4 passes to the Emperor Lounge at Auckland Airport. Total RRP value of the prize = $8,600(NZD).
Hawaiian Airlines Condition: Package must be booked at least 30 days prior to departure. Airline and travel restrictions apply – no travel permitted during high season, black-out dates may apply and is subject to availability. Travel must be booked on Hawaiian Airlines operated flights only. Travel is not eligible to accrue Hawaiian Miles or status.
The Modern Honolulu Conditions: Accommodation will be honoured based on availability at time of booking – blackout dates may apply. 2 x rooms at The Modern will not be guaranteed as inter-connecting or adjoining. Upon winning the prize, a gift certificate will be issued. This certificate will not be extended past the expiration date, has no cash value, and cannot be combined with other promotions. Original gift certificate must be presented to redeem, otherwise booking will revert to best available rate. Lost, stolen or expired gift certificates will not be re-issued.
General conditions: Travel must be commenced and completed by 15 Dec 2015. Travel is non-transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Once booking is confirmed no changes can be made. Visitors to the USA will need to apply for a Visa Waiver via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to traveling to the United States. A fee will apply to new ESTA applications and renewals payable by credit or debit card at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov. Any visa requirements are the responsibility of the prize winner. Passports must have a minimum validity of six months from date of return. All other travel expenses which are not included are the responsibility of the prize winner and their travel companions - travel insurance, Airport and government costs, meals, drinks, sightseeing, additional accommodation, other transport as required to/from Auckland, incidentals (other than those specified), spending money and other items of a personal nature are the responsibility of the prize-winners. Offer is only open to residents of New Zealand. At the date of travel both the prize winner and travel companions must be New Zealand residents and must have a current passport and entry or re-entry visa (if required) for end of travel. The prize will be forfeited if this condition is not met.
- Second Prize: X 300 Linden Leaves Porcelain Brightening Serum, 30 ml (RRP $59.99).
- Third Prize: X 100 pairs of Pearl Perfection 8mm Freshwater Cultured Pearl Stud Earrings on Sterling Silver Fittings (RRP $60).
- The winner of the Major Prize must inform the Promoter when he or she wishes to use the prize, within the dates set out above. In the event that the winner of the Major Prize wants to amend the prize or request a prize package which differs in any way from that specified above (for example, adding additional flights, changing accommodation configurations etc) any difference in price shall be met by the prize winner. Neither the Promoter, nor any of its affiliates or agencies, shall be liable for any alterations or amendments to the prize package.
- The winner of the Major Prize acknowledges and agrees that he or she will comply with local laws and with the terms and conditions of all venues, terms of carriage for all transport operators and the occupancy and other rules of any accommodation providers. The winner agrees not to do or omit to do anything that may bring the Promoter into disrepute.
- Second and Third Prizes that have been claimed by prize winners will be delivered to the prize winners within 4 - 6 weeks of close of promotion.
- If the prize does not arrive, prize winners must notify the Promoter within 3 months of the promotion ending.
- If any prizes remain unclaimed after 3pm Wednesday 24th June 2015 those prizes will be entered into the unclaimed prize draw. The unclaimed prize draw will take place at the same time and place as the original draws on Friday 26th June 2015, and be conducted from all valid entries who have not already won a prize. The winners, if any, will be notified by phone and email within two (2) business days of the unclaimed prize draw. The winners, if any, must claim their prize by no later than 12pm Friday 10th July 2015.
- Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer unless otherwise stated.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
- The prize winner is responsible for any tax implications which may arise from winning the prize.
- In the event that any prize, or part of the prize, becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- In the event of the prizewinner being, for any reason, unable or unwilling to redeem the prize, the judges will select another prize winner.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury (including, without limitation, consequential loss) suffered or sustained by any person (even if caused by negligence) as a result of participating in the promotion or accepting and/or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of the age, identity or residential address of the prizewinner and any other information relevant to entry into or participation in this promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who breaches any of these terms and conditions, acted in a fraudulent, dishonest or disruptive manner, or otherwise than in accordance with the spirit and intent of this promotion or is involved in any way in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications, or any other failure to receive an entry or other communication or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any prizes that are lost, stolen or damaged and will not replace them.
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary any of the terms of entry applying to this promotion or to modify, terminate, suspend, or reschedule this promotion at any time.
- If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of (including, but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion or for any other reason then the Promoter may elect to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process.
- Information from entries will be collected and used for the purposes of conducting this promotion (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the promotion) and for marketing and promotional purposes.
- By entering this promotion entrants consent to the use of their information and agree that the Promoter may use this information, in any media for future promotional purposes without any further reference or payment to the entrant.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome).
WHO CAN ENTER?
HOW TO ENTER